Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Tea Cups and Dumbo
    Favorite Character
    Maleficent
    Credits

Weather in the parks

We are arriving in 5 days. Anyone there now or recently? How has the weather been in the parks? Next week says thunderstorms all week. Im hoping they are all just isolated and its not nasty all week

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

englanddg is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Re: Weather in the parks

Curious Alice or another Floridian could chime in better, but my weather here in Atlanta is very similar. This time of year it's extremely common for it to be hot by noon, and for afternoon rains/thundershowers (generally will spring up around 3 - 6pm). Be sure to bring a poncho and wear shoes that stand up to getting wet well!

englanddg's Lanyard
    Mickey Cruise LineMonorailMickey GearsMonorail Pilot Wings LEHorizons
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLC | 2013 - Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ

dani12451 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Tea Cups and Dumbo
    Favorite Character
    Maleficent
    Credits

So maybe parks early then take a break for a few hours and go back after the sun goes down? This is my first time in a very long time so i dont know what to expect

Freshee61 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Dinosaur
    Favorite Parade
    Villains mnsshp
    Favorite Character
    Lewis Robinson
    Credits

The usual summer rain storms here in Florida usually dont last very long. Its good to have a place in mind to go to like a store etc to wait it out. Best thing is the park will be a little less crowed right after the rain to continue on. A mid day break is always a good idea because the Florida heat and humidity can get really rough noon to three.

Last edited by Freshee61; 07-04-2012 at 03:53 PM.
    Freshee61's Lanyard
    Lady and the TrampSpace mountainArial and Prince Eric in Clam ShellHalloween - MinnieTower of TerrorPhilharmagicIts a small worldHaunted Mansion
    Frying pans! Who knew, right!?

Talk Disney Moderator

Click here to become a Premium

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Freshee61 View Post
    The usual summer rain storms here in Florida usually dont last very long. Its good to have a place in mind to go to like a store etc to wait it out. Best thing is the park will be a little less crowed right after the rain to continue on. A mid day break is always a good idea because the Florida heat and humidity can get really rough noon to three.
    Agreed. It's a great time to go shop or eat lupper (lunch + supper). I try and book ADRs in this time frame (3 - 6pm). I've rarely seen a storm last longer then an hour.

englanddg's Lanyard
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Tea Cups and Dumbo
    Favorite Character
    Maleficent
    Credits

Ok. Cool. I did my ADRs between those hours. Figuring we would need a break anyhow from the heat. I bought ponchos for us. And hopefully a much needed nap for the kids. Then go back at night. Ive never been to disney at night

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

During those hours I like to go back to the hotel, shower, and rest for a while. Then put on fresh clothes and go back to the park. It feels like a new day.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Tea Cups and Dumbo
    Favorite Character
    Maleficent
    Credits

Ok good. I just wanted to make sure. We had no choice in when we went really. July is better then august. And i wanted to make sure the kids were done w school. Our lil guy was struggling so i didnt want vacation mid year and he wouldnt retain the school work. Plus things were hectic at both our work environments. I wanted to make sure things were settled a bit.

I cant wait! Monday we arrive around 11 at the hotel and at 530 we have dinner at chef mickeys!! While im not thrilled about screaming kids (even though i have them, i hate screaming kids. Mine get told if they get too loud!) its still exciting. Ive heard mixed opinions on all my adrs but idk. Its disney! Plus the restaurants are air conditioned

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by dani12451 View Post
    Ok good. I just wanted to make sure. We had no choice in when we went really. July is better then august. And i wanted to make sure the kids were done w school. Our lil guy was struggling so i didnt want vacation mid year and he wouldnt retain the school work. Plus things were hectic at both our work environments. I wanted to make sure things were settled a bit.

I cant wait! Monday we arrive around 11 at the hotel and at 530 we have dinner at chef mickeys!! While im not thrilled about screaming kids (even though i have them, i hate screaming kids. Mine get told if they get too loud!) its still exciting. Ive heard mixed opinions on all my adrs but idk. Its disney! Plus the restaurants are air conditioned
    I'm sure you are gonna have a blast! Be sure to do a trip report to let us know how it goes!

englanddg's Lanyard
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Tea Cups and Dumbo
    Favorite Character
    Maleficent
    Credits

All of you have been just so nice and supportive. This is not only an app. Its a connection. I made a pen pal from another country!! I get to learn new things and so does the other family.
    Everyone is so helpful and great!

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

All of you have been just so nice and supportive. This is not only an app. Its a connection. I made a pen pal from another country!! I get to learn new things and so does the other family.
    Everyone is so helpful and great!
    I noted you will be getting in around 11a. I don't know if you are using Magical Transportation or not, but if you are, check in at Disney hotels is 4p (it could be 3p, but I think that's Loew's Universal hotels)...

Anyhow, there is a chance your room may not be ready. However, do not fret! You can check your bags with the valet service and they will store them until your room is ready. Check in with the front desk and they'll even call to notify you when it's ready so you can go ahead and hop a bus and get on with the parks!

I always get in mid morning, and it's really nice to be able to squeeze in a couple of extra hours on the day of arrival (I do the same the day of departure).

englanddg's Lanyard
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Tea Cups and Dumbo
    Favorite Character
    Maleficent
    Credits

Yes. We have a mid morning arrival. I asked our hotel if we could check out the hotel and use the pool. They said of course. We are staying at allstar movies. It looks exciting (and loud lol) for the kids. So i think ill take advantage of wandering for a bit. Then leave for dinner. If i have a 545 reservation im thinking a little after 4 ill need to catch a bus to the contemporary. I need to figure this bus thing out. Haha
    Yes i signed up for the magical express. And i also did the online check in at disneyworld.com

kid@heart is online now Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Favorite Parade
    Main St Electrical Parade
    Favorite Character
    Donald Duck
    Credits

Yes. We have a mid morning arrival. I asked our hotel if we could check out the hotel and use the pool. They said of course. We are staying at allstar movies. It looks exciting (and loud lol) for the kids. So i think ill take advantage of wandering for a bit. Then leave for dinner. If i have a 545 reservation im thinking a little after 4 ill need to catch a bus to the contemporary. I need to figure this bus thing out. Haha
    Yes i signed up for the magical express. And i also did the online check in at disneyworld.com
    Probably the best way would be to catch a bus to MK, and then take the monorail to the Contemporary. But yes, I would allow a good hour for travel, just in case. Have a great time!

kid@heart's Lanyard
    Mickey 2012Haunted MansionCaribbean BeachPolynesianSarasota Springs
    Couldn't imagine life without WDW!
    Treehouse Villas(2), Vacation Villas(2), Poly(1), Contemporary(1), CSR(1), CBR(3), POR(1), Sports(4)
    Last Trip ~ Oct 2013 (OKW)
    Upcoming ~ July 2014 (VWL)
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally ~ Golly, what a day!

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Tea Cups and Dumbo
    Favorite Character
    Maleficent
    Credits

Thank you !!

Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

All Star Music is on the south end of the property, near ESPN. I've walked the grounds, and it has some very fun architecture. You all are gonna love it!

As far as Disney Transportation, you'll find that the bus rides will vary based on where you are going. AK is close by (a bit to the northwest), and I suspect they will have Blizzard Beach on the same bus. Give it about a half hour to get to the park (only because of the Blizzard stop off). Downtown Disney is going to be your longest ride, as they probably do 3 stops on that bus (Typhoon Lagoon and the 2 DD stops).

The rest of the parks will be 20 - 30 minutes for you (or less). Really the key to the busses isn't the ride...it's the waiting. They don't come in any particular order that I can tell, and as a result, you might see 3 busses for EPCOT go by before you get a Magic Kingdom bus. This is why you should program in extra time...or just play bus roulette and see where Disney Transit takes you!

Also, All Star Music is right between All Star Movies (to the south) and All Star Sports (to the north). I can't remember offhand if they share busses or not. I'm pretty sure they do not share. If they don't, there's no reason why you can't take any of those busses back to your resort. A quick walk and you are back at the All Star Music.

If you are going to Contemporary, another way to get there is take a Bus to EPCOT and then ride the monorail to TTC and then go to Contemporary on the resort line. The monorail ride is fun, and I think it really helps build the excitement. Since you have an ADR, I'd give yourself an easy 2 hours for this if you decide to go that route (though it will probably take less). The ride from EPCOT to TTC on the monorail is about 20 - 30 minutes.

If you arrive at Contemporary a bit early, it's a really fun hotel to walk around. The Lobby (downstairs) is amazing (though, not the Grand Floridian...that's a must see)...they have an arcade Chuck E. Cheese sort of thing, and penny machines over near the bathrooms. Also check out the public balcony (it's near the walkway to Bay Lake Towers)...great place to get a view of the MK and the castle, and you can watch monorails go by about 20 feet away. Very fun.

Last edited by englanddg; 07-04-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    englanddg's Lanyard
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast