Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Re: Most Dissapointing Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jenm85 View Post
    How recent have u been? The last time I was on the backlot tour was probably 12 years ago. I loved it! They had the set from "Home Improvement" I was in love w/Jonathan Taylor Thomas when I was younger (the word obsession isn't strong enough lol) so if course I loved that! And 20 years ago I saw them filming a Halloween episode of The New Mickey Mouse Club (w/Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and that whole gang). I will be so upset if this trip in 4 weeks disappoints
    I've been in 2010 and 2011, and went a lot in the 90s. It's not at all what it was then.

englanddg's Lanyard
    Mickey Cruise LineMonorailMickey GearsMonorail Pilot Wings LEHorizons
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLC | 2013 - Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

DisneyDawg2 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Rockin' Roller Coaster
    Favorite Parade
    Electric Light Parade
    Favorite Character
    Pooh
    Credits

I love Mission Space! Great attraction, and provides a very cool thrill. If you want to skip that, go to the exit of MS- AT LEAST! It has some really neat stuff.

Personally, Stitch is just not good. Sounds Dangerous, Universe of Energy, and ABC Commissary are 4 of my least favorite things at Disney.

Imagining the Unimagined

DisneyDawg2's Lanyard
    Carousel of Progress
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney-

31 Times and Counting to WDW

rinkydinktink is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    hollywood studios
    Favorite Attraction
    terror towers
    Favorite Parade
    electric parade
    Favorite Character
    roger rabbit
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by jenm85

How recent have u been? The last time I was on the backlot tour was probably 12 years ago. I loved it! They had the set from "Home Improvement" I was in love w/Jonathan Taylor Thomas when I was younger (the word obsession isn't strong enough lol) so if course I loved that! And 20 years ago I saw them filming a Halloween episode of The New Mickey Mouse Club (w/Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and that whole gang). I will be so upset if this trip in 4 weeks disappoints
    Unfortunantly they've changed it alot since then, you still do the water scene at the beginning and go through the props area, then you're pretty much straight to catastrophy canyon and pretty much straight back to the beginning, you don't go round where they were filming anymore, it's no where near as good as it was 20 years ago! Last time we went was August last year!

Steamboat13 is offline Mousketeer
    Favorite Park
    1.Epcot 2.HS 3.MK 4.AK
    Favorite Attraction
    Most of them.
    Favorite Parade
    Spectro Magic
    Favorite Character
    Buzz and Woody
    Credits

Peter Pan. The queue is torture. The ride is silly, and after an 1 1/2 in line I ask myself "why"? The kids don't even want to ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkDisney

zitzelbergdb is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

I agree with the backlot tour, not because of how it is now, but because of what it used to be! While it is still cool getting to see catastrophe canyon and all of the props in the warehouse (i could stay in that area for hours!), i miss the walking part of the tour.

Indy speedway is a classic ride, thats why i feel it is still there. Walt was obsessed with miniatures--lot if history behind those cars. Plus, look at the lines for it, they arent going to replace a people eater like that (lines are always outrageous).

Peter Pan would be amazing if the lines were not always so ridiculous. I love the classic dark rides, RIP snow white , but the line always deters us from riding without a fastpass.

Curious Alice is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    ToT, Soarin
    Favorite Character
    Alice
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat13 View Post
    Peter Pan. The queue is torture. The ride is silly, and after an 1 1/2 in line I ask myself "why"? The kids don't even want to ride it.
    I never go on Peter Pan unless I have a Fastpass. This is one ride that desperately needs an interactive queue. Maybe re-do the whole thing and double it up like Dumbo.

Why does this ride get so crowded? I've never understood it. The other kiddie dark rides aren't as bad.

Curious Alice's Lanyard
    Mad Tea PartyMad Tea PartyAlice
    TALK DISNEY MODERATOR

DL: At least 5 times in '80s
    WDW: '72, '77, '88, May '03, May '04, Nov '04, Jan '05, Feb '05, Dec '05, Jan '06, May '06, Oct '06, Nov '07, Nov '08, Feb '09, Oct 09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Apr 10, Dec '10, Mar '11, May '11, Oct '11, Dec '11, Jan '12, Oct '12, Dec '12, Feb '13, Dec '13, Nov '14

Mike0510 is offline Cast Member
    Credits

The last time we went was Sept 2011 and it was worn down, old and decrepit. Some of the vehicles were full of rust and you could see the weather damage to areas where it had not been repaired. Also there has been very few updates over the years.

minnieg86 is offline Cast Member In Training
    Favorite Park
    Hollywood Studios
    Favorite Attraction
    The Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Countdown to Fun
    Favorite Character
    Cheshire Cat (animated)
    Credits

I have to agree with stitch. However (and I know some ppl will disagree) I feel that toy story mania was a disappointment. Hubby and I avoid it, and felt that after 2 hrs. In line, there would be something more. Just made us feel "meh" upon leaving it. Am I the only one who feels this way lol ?

Mike0510 is offline Cast Member
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by minnieg86
    I have to agree with stitch. However (and I know some ppl will disagree) I feel that toy story mania was a disappointment. Hubby and I avoid it, and felt that after 2 hrs. In line, there would be something more. Just made us feel "meh" upon leaving it. Am I the only one who feels this way lol ?
    I think that length of queue time would put me off any ride. We are fortunate that when we travel to Orlando the queue time for this ride is 10 to 20 minutes, granted it hits 60 minutes during peak lunch times but first thing of a morning is great.

jenm85 is offline Mousketeer
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0510

The last time we went was Sept 2011 and it was worn down, old and decrepit. Some of the vehicles were full of rust and you could see the weather damage to areas where it had not been repaired. Also there has been very few updates over the years.
    Ugh. I'm wondering if we should just skip it this year.

JeffsPrincess is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Space Mountian
    Favorite Character
    Minnie Mouse
    Credits

Ugh. I'm wondering if we should just skip it this year.
    I think you should ride and judge for yourself. I liked the Backlot tour but I never rode back before, the first time we did was in 2008, so I never experienced all the other stuff, but I think you should make your own opinion. I read how horrible stitch was but I tried it anyway, and it was horrible but my kids liked it.

JeffsPrincess's Lanyard
    Mickey 2012
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

joanna71985 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Great Movie Ride
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Curious Alice View Post
    Why does this ride get so crowded? I've never understood it. The other kiddie dark rides aren't as bad.
    Because of how slow-loading it is

Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 21-25, 2014 (for now), Dream: May 11-14, 2015 (for now)
    TD Moderator

JeffsPrincess is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Space Mountian
    Favorite Character
    Minnie Mouse
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985

Because of how slow-loading it is
    What makes it slower than the rest? Just the way its made?

JeffsPrincess's Lanyard
    Mickey 2012
    Kristin
    Wife to Jeffrey
    Mom to Jay & Jack

Flashover23 is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Seven Drawfs Mine Train
    Favorite Parade
    Main St Electrical Parade
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

I have to say Sounds Dangerous. Disney really needs to replace this with something, anything else.

As for the Indy Speedway, that is a classic. Now maybe they could update it a little, like make it a Cars ride. Change the scenery so track winds through Radiator Springs and put Lightning McQueen, Sally, Mater, Doc and the rest on the track.

Flashover23's Lanyard
    Port OrleansWilderness LodgePop CenturyAnimal Kingdom LodgeCaribbean BeachAll Star MoviesAll Star Sports
    Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you, cause that my friends, is where the magic lives. - Jiminy Cricket

joanna71985 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Great Movie Ride
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by JeffsPrincess View Post
    What makes it slower than the rest? Just the way its made?
    Well, some rides pull through more people then others. It all depends on the speed of the ride, the length of the ride, and how many people each vehicle holds. Probably one reason why the wait for TSM is so long, is because it's so slow-loading (Peter Pan factors are probably the small vehicles, and it's a very slow ride).

Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 21-25, 2014 (for now), Dream: May 11-14, 2015 (for now)
    TD Moderator

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast