Favorite Attraction
    Festival of the Lion King
    Favorite Parade
    A Dream Come True
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

MK @ Christmas - MVMCP or not?

We are trying to firm up our dates for this year's Christmas Trip to Disney. We went last year, the week right before Christmas and had a blast, and the best part was that the last MVMCP was on the 18th...so because that was the day we arrived, we were still able to enjoy the Once Upon a Christmas Parade and Christmas Wishes, in the park, without paying for the extra ticket - they just had the parade in the afternoon...which was fine.

It looks like this year, the last MVMCP is on 12/21/12. Does this mean that they won't run the Once Upon A Christmas Parade before then, on the days that they aren't have the MVMCP? There are a few days, when they aren't having the party - and the park is open until 10pm. Will they still have Christmas Wishes Fireworks?

It just doesn't seem worth it, to me, to buy the extra ticket, for some cookies and hot chocolate.

What are your thoughts? This is going to be a major factor in our dates and I really want to firm everything up today?

disneydaze's Lanyard
    Mermaid LagoonPeter PanMickey GearsSpace mountain

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

bobby2124 is offline Newbie
    Credits

I thought it was worth it. It's not hat much more. Park seems to really clear out and you can get on rides faster. We Also opted for it because we didn't know when we would be back for Christmas. Just my opinion...

disneydaze is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    The Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Favorite Parade
    A Dream Come True
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by bobby2124
    I thought it was worth it. It's not hat much more. Park seems to really clear out and you can get on rides faster. We Also opted for it because we didn't know when we would be back for Christmas. Just my opinion...
    Thanks for the feedback..lit may be worth it just to clear out some of the crowds....with the MVMCP ticket, do you also purchase a park ticket for the day, or can you show up around 5 and just stay in the park? Or did you Make a whole day out of it?

It may be a little different watching the arcade at night and the hot chocolate and cookies.

If you we to go again at Christmas would you do the MVMCP again?

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney

disneydaze's Lanyard
    Always planning the next Disney Vacation...

Apr. 2008 (DS3 and me) - offsite; Jul. 2008 (DS3, DMom and me) - offsite; Apr. 2009 (DS4, DSis and me) - Disney Yacht Club; Apr. 2010 (DS5, DSis, DMom and me) - Disney Yacht Club; Apr. 2011 (DS6, DD<1 and me) - offsite; Dec. 2011 (DS6, DD1, DH and me) - offsite; Dec. 2012 (DS7, DD2, DSis, DMom and me) - offsite; May 2014 (DD3, DS9 and me) - POP Century; Fall 2014 Planning Now

harmony01 is offline Junior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Character Meals!!!!
    Favorite Character
    Mickey The Mouse of Cours
    Credits

We are doing it.....our first time we will be there for Christmas, and it sounds awesome. We have been to the not so scary Halloween party and that was fun. I do think the price is a bit ridiculous, but it's Disney, and we are going to do it right while we are there!!!!

englanddg is offline Senior Imagineer
    Favorite Park
    EPCOT
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical
    Favorite Character
    Goofy
    Credits

Re: MK @ Christmas - MVMCP or not?

Quote Originally Posted by disneydaze View Post
    with the MVMCP ticket, do you also purchase a park ticket for the day, or can you show up around 5 and just stay in the park? Or did you Make a whole day out of it?
    If it's anything like Celebration V, you need to purchase the ticket as well as park admission. In fact, I'm fairly sure you do.

I've not done Disney at Christmas for nearly 2 decades, and they didn't have the party back then. But, from what I've read / heard about it, I couldn't imagine being there for the season and not doing the MVMCP.

englanddg's Lanyard
    Mickey Cruise LineMonorailMickey GearsMonorail Pilot Wings LEHorizons
    B.C. (Before Child) '82, '87 - '95, 2004
    A.D. (After Daughter)
    2010 - 2 weeks @ CBR
    2011 - 3 in DC, 14 @ CBR
    2012 - 3 @ Royal Pacific, 12 @ Pop
    2013 - 3 @ DLC | 2013 - Contemporary, DCL Fantasy, POFQ

Skorsburn is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Rock 'N Roller Coaster
    Favorite Parade
    Spectromagic
    Favorite Character
    I can't just pick 1!
    Credits

We have done MVMCP every year that we have been there around Christmas time and we love it. I am pretty sure that the Holiday Wishes with the 180 degree fireworks are strictly for the party, I'm not positive but I'm thinking I heard that somewhere. I am not sure about the parade though. The party is also the only time it snows on Main Street which I find to be a very magical effect.

Last edited by Skorsburn; 07-16-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    DCP Fall Advantage 2013

joanna71985 is offline TalkDisney Team

Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Great Movie Ride
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by disneydaze View Post
    We are trying to firm up our dates for this year's Christmas Trip to Disney. We went last year, the week right before Christmas and had a blast, and the best part was that the last MVMCP was on the 18th...so because that was the day we arrived, we were still able to enjoy the Once Upon a Christmas Parade and Christmas Wishes, in the park, without paying for the extra ticket - they just had the parade in the afternoon...which was fine.

It looks like this year, the last MVMCP is on 12/21/12. Does this mean that they won't run the Once Upon A Christmas Parade before then, on the days that they aren't have the MVMCP? There are a few days, when they aren't having the party - and the park is open until 10pm. Will they still have Christmas Wishes Fireworks?

It just doesn't seem worth it, to me, to buy the extra ticket, for some cookies and hot chocolate.

What are your thoughts? This is going to be a major factor in our dates and I really want to firm everything up today?
    While the parties are still running, they won't show the parade/fireworks/castle shows during the day (only during MVMCP). They don't start running during the day until after the last party

Dream: Feb 12-16, 2012,Fantasy: 20-27, 2012, Dream: Sept 8-12, 2013,Magic: Jan 20-24, 2014,Dream: Sept 21-25, 2014 (for now), Dream: May 11-14, 2015 (for now)
    TD Moderator

disneydaze is offline Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    The Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Favorite Parade
    A Dream Come True
    Favorite Character
    Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Skorsburn View Post
    We have done MVMCP every year that we have been there around Christmas time and we love it. I am pretty sure that the Holiday Wishes with the 180 degree fireworks are strictly for the party, I'm not positive but I'm thinking I heard that somewhere. I am not sure about the parade though. The party is also the only time it snows on Main Street which I find to be a very magical effect.
    Last year we were able to see Holiday Wishes and experience snow on main street, without attending the MVMCP. Apparently, once the party dates have concluded, they carry on the holiday spirit with the snow on main street and the parade and hliday wishes...I just didn't know whether or not they did those things in the park, on the nights that MVMCP wasn't happening.

We have 10 people in our group and I don't think that some will be willing to pay the additional ticket price, that's all. And I will be a little disappointed, I think, if the only additional thing I experince is having a cup of hot cocao and a cookie to go with the snow and fireworks that I got last year, with my regular park admission.

Quote Originally Posted by harmony01 View Post
    We are doing it.....our first time we will be there for Christmas, and it sounds awesome. We have been to the not so scary Halloween party and that was fun. I do think the price is a bit ridiculous, but it's Disney, and we are going to do it right while we are there!!!!
    I think that I am leaning towards doing it. I think that if nothing else, it may be worth the reduced crowds and seeing the parade at night. Becuase last year we saw it after the MVMCP was over, the parade was held during that day,

I think that the park is open until midnight on most party nights too, right? If thats the case, I think we are going to °°°° it up and "DO it right!"

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    While the parties are still running, they won't show the parade/fireworks/castle shows during the day (only during MVMCP). They don't start running during the day until after the last party
    This is exactly what I wanted to know. Last year they only ran the MVMCP until the 18th of December, but this year it's until the 21st....oh well. I'm sure it is worth doing at least once.

Last edited by disneydaze; 07-17-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    disneydaze's Lanyard