First time!
DVC Resales Started

Thread: First time!

lillica is offline Junior Cast Member
    Credits

First time!

36 days until I hit WDW! Been to Paris 7 times so got a little idea what to expect, anyone have any recommendations? Particularly nightlife that's 18+ friendly x

2. You May Also Like....

Sponsored Links

TRex95 is offline Cast Member In Training
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom (FL)
    Favorite Attraction
    Haunted Mansion
    Favorite Parade
    SpectroMagic
    Favorite Character
    Aurora
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by lillica
    36 days until I hit WDW! Been to Paris 7 times so got a little idea what to expect, anyone have any recommendations? Particularly nightlife that's 18+ friendly x
    How is Paris?

2012 Trip in the Planning Stages! Yay Disney!

ashley03242 is offline Junior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Magic Kingdom
    Favorite Attraction
    Splash Mountain
    Favorite Parade
    Main Street Electrical Pa
    Credits

Magic Kingdom is like Disneyland Park in many ways, but for me has a more magical feel to it. I much prefer Magic Kingdom. I also think Cinderella Castle looks better than Sleeping Beauty Castle. Magic Kingdom has some attractions that aren't in Paris such as Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise and Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress, plus more. But overall, it's a similar park.

Disney's Hollywood Studios is also similar in many ways to Walt Disney Studios, but is a bit larger and again, the attractions differ a bit. Rides such as Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Rollercoaster are at both parks, but sadly Hollywood Studios doesn't have a Crush Coaster!

I'm afraid you won't find any nightlife involving alcohol for 18+, as the drinking age in the USA is 21 and is very strictly enforced.

Enjoy it, it's amazing!

Also, make sure you go straight to Toy Story Midway Mania at Hollywood Studios and Soarin' at Epcot and get Fastpasses as the queues get very long, however both are great attractions and are should definitely be experienced!

Last edited by ashley03242; 08-01-2012 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

lillica is offline Junior Cast Member
    Credits

Thanks! it's a shame cos I love crushs coaster!
    A friend who's been before said that some places allow 18+ with a non drinkers wristband or stamp as I'll be 21 but my brother will be 18

Tinker Britt is offline Senior Cast Member
    Favorite Park
    Epcot
    Favorite Attraction
    Thunder Mountain
    Favorite Parade
    Fantasy and Spectro Magic
    Favorite Character
    Tinkerbell & Mickey Mouse
    Credits

Re: First time!

It used to be like that when the Pleasure Island clubs were open because I got into the clubs at 18 but now they are revamping it and having a bowling alley which will be fun (less drunken drama than what the clubs had from my experience) and there are lots of other fun things to do there and at the Boardwalk

Tinker Britt's Lanyard
    Grand FloridianMary PoppinsWalt Dsney WorldLady and the TrampMickey and Minnie on Dumbo
    "Faith is a bluebird you see from a far. It's for real and as sure as the first evening star"
    Magical Disney Trips circa 1989
    1991*1994*1997*2003*2011*2013

Zipadeedooda is offline Junior Cast Member
    Credits

First time in WDW; I'm sooooo jealous(lol)!! You guys are really in for a magical time. DLP is fun, but WDW is just so magical. The sheer size of the place can be a bit overwhelming, but it's utterly fabulous. Railroad" onclick="replacer_hook(4)" target="_blank" href="http://www.talkdisney.com/forums/big-thunder.htm">BTMR and POTC are better in Paris and as has been said theres no Crush coaster, but there's more than enough extra goodies to make up for it.

The best thing though is that special Disney magic you get. It's everywhere in WDW and especially in Magic Kingdom. Americans are just generally a very welcoming and friendly people but there's something even more than that. The CM's all seem to genuinely embrace the Disney ethos and to enjoy what they do. That imbues the whole place with a very special atmosphere. Everyone there is happy, everyone having fun, and by the time Wishes comes around everyone is exhausted!

Have a really magical time and relish that first walk up Main Street. There's no moment like it.

Sent from my iPad using TalkDisney