Walt Disney World will expand its mobile-ordering program for theme-park restaurants at a handful of locations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Instead of waiting in line, you can save time by ordering from wherever you are—imagine the convenience of reviewing the menu and making your selections while you’re waiting for an attraction.
Disney’s first location that visitors can order food via smartphone was Satu’li Canteen, a counter-service restaurant that will be part of the Pandora — The World of Avatar.
Annual passholders who have been previewing Pandora have had the opportunity to try the mobile ordering at Satu’li Canteen using the My Disney Experience app.
Here’s how it works. Open the My Disney Experience app and either:
- Tap on the image of your character, scroll down to “My Plans” and press the “Order Food” button.
- Select “Dining” from the top of the app, tap on the restaurant you want and press the “Order Food” button.
- From there, just select the menu items that you want to order!
When you arrive at Satu’li Canteen, tap the “I’m here” button. That tells the kitchen to prepare your meal. The app alerts you to pick up the meal at a designated window. Look for the mobile order pick-up sign.This is a prepay service, so your Disney account will need to be attached to a credit card.
You can place mobile orders for the following quick-service restaurants:
- ABC Commissary
- Backlot Express
- Columbia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- D-Luxe Burger
- Electric Umbrella
- Flame Tree Barbecue
- Liberty Inn
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Satu’li Canteen