Pumpkin Beignets Recipe from Club 33, Disneyland Park
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105º)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For pumpkin Beignets:
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, hot water, egg, shortening, and salt in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. Mix dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest in bowl, covered with a clean kitchen towel, 30 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Pat to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 2-inch squares. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry Beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side.
- Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
For maple glaze:
- Combine butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter melts. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle warm Beignets with maple glaze and serve immediately.
Makes 24 Beignets
Sid Philips is a father of two and a loving husband. He currently resides in Pennsylvania and has been a fan of Disney since his parents took him there in 1980! Sid has visited multiple Disney parks around the world and loves each one!
TalkDisney.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.