Host your own Oktoberfest with a savory dish from the Biergarten Restaurant at Epcot. This nudel gratin bears a family resemblance to mac’n’cheese, with a delicious creamy texture.
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground white pepper
4 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pound cooked elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 16×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl, whisking to combine. Toss cheeses together in a small bowl until combined; remove 1 cup cheese and set aside. Stir remaining cheeses into cream mixture.
- Cook macaroni until just tender; drain and add cream mixture, stirring immediately. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil, and sprinkle reserved cheese over top of noodles. Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Serve warm.