Penne Alla Vodka Recipe
Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- 1 1/2 cup Penne Pasta
- 2 oz. Vodka
- 2 TB Pancetta, chopped small
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Sweet Onion Diced Small
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 2 oz. Heavy Cream
- Italian Parsley as needed
- 1 tsp. Pecorino Romano
- 4 oz. Marinara sauce – see recipe below
- Heat oil in pan
- Add Pancetta, onions and garlic. Sautee until golden brown.
- Deglaze the pan with Vodka, let reduce
- Add marinara sauce and cream
- Mix thoroughly and add the pasta
- Put in bowl and garnish with the cheese and parsley
Marinara Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs diced onions, 1/4″ dice
- 1/8 cup minced garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tbsp marjoram, dried
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 16 oz crushed tomatoes
- 16 oz diced tomato
- 1 can tomato paste
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the garlic and onions stirring constantly until garlic and onion has a nice aroma and is starting to turn golden brown.
- Add the basil and the herbs and salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes,
- Add the tomato paste. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and combine.
- Bring to boil. Cook over medium heat for 5 hours, stirring regularly so that you do not burn the kettle.
Sid Philips is a father of two and a loving husband. He currently resides in Pennsylvania and has been a fan of Disney since his parents took him there in 1980! Sid has visited multiple Disney parks around the world and loves each one!
TalkDisney.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.