Christmas Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 15 large cupcakes
Ingredients: Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 9 Oz All Purpose Flour
- 2 Oz Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- .5 tsp. Salt
- 7 Oz Unsalted Butter
- 12 Oz Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 7 Oz Sour Cream
- 7 Tbsp. Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Red Food Color
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Paste (found in specialty stores or online)
- 1 tsp. Cupcake Liners
- 1 tsp. Assorted Candies for Decorating
- Sieve the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until mixture is combined.
- Mix in the sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla paste.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not over beat.
- Place the cupcake liners into a large cupcake pan and spoon in the mixture.
- Bake at 360 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the center is baked..
Ingredients: Cream Cheese Frosting
- 14 Oz Cream Cheese / Softened
- 11 Oz Unsalted Butter / Softened
- 11 Oz Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Paste
- Beat together all ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with a large plain nozzle.
- When the cupcakes are cool and ready for frosting, pipe on top of the cupcake and decorate as desired.