Christmas Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes 15 large cupcakes
Ingredients: Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 9 Oz All Purpose Flour
- 2 Oz Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- .5 tsp. Salt
- 7 Oz Unsalted Butter
- 12 Oz Granulated Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 7 Oz Sour Cream
- 7 Tbsp. Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Red Food Color
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Paste (found in specialty stores or online)
- 1 tsp. Cupcake Liners
- 1 tsp. Assorted Candies for Decorating
- Sieve the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time until mixture is combined.
- Mix in the sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla paste.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not over beat.
- Place the cupcake liners into a large cupcake pan and spoon in the mixture.
- Bake at 360 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the center is baked..
Ingredients: Cream Cheese Frosting
- 14 Oz Cream Cheese / Softened
- 11 Oz Unsalted Butter / Softened
- 11 Oz Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Paste
- Beat together all ingredients until light and fluffy.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag with a large plain nozzle.
- When the cupcakes are cool and ready for frosting, pipe on top of the cupcake and decorate as desired.
TalkDisney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.