There’s a lot to be excited about, Disney fans! A bunch of new additions are coming to Disneyland this year. Some, like the Pixar Play Parade and the Slinky Dog Coaster appeal to youngsters, while others, like the Star Wars hotel, entice both the young and young at heart. And the latest announcement is definitely one that will put a smile on parents’ faces: Disneyland plans to open its first brewery in 2018.
Ballast Point Brewing will be located in the Downtown Disney District, a shopping area in Anaheim, Calif. located at the Disneyland resort. Scheduled to open later this year, Disneyland visitors can pop in for a pint of one of Ballast Point’s most popular beers or revive with seasonal cuisine at the more than 7,300-square-foot bar and restaurant. Originally from San Diego, Ballast Point Brewing has six other locations in California, but this will be the first in Orange County.
The new Disneyland spot will feature a three barrel brewery for research and development, as well as a beer garden. It will also serve limited-edition beers which are big on both flavor and creativity, such as a fruity Sour Wench Blackberry Ale or a Peanut Butter Victory at Sea. The latter is brewed with Caffè Calabria coffee, vanilla and peanut butter.
Carefully crafted beer is the main attraction. However, the new venue’s Southern California cuisine is worth the hype, too. Salads, small plates and entrees will feature local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients. “We hope SoCal locals and visitors alike will enjoy the wonderful atmosphere, seasonal cuisine, and good cheer (and beer),” Marty Birkel, president of Ballast Point Brewing, shared in a statement.
Other exciting experiences slated to open in 2018 include:
- World of Disney will be reimagined into a new, dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment. The flagship store will remain open to guests for shopping during the majority of the refurbishment, with work expected to be completed in phases throughout 2018.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes will offer a unique combination of dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment. Opening on January 29.
- Disney Home will offer fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods. Opening in February 2018.
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will undergo renovations to expand its outside patio with a new outside bar. Inside, three wood burning ovens will be installed to better meet guests’ demands for authentic Napoletana-style pizza pies. The restaurant will remain open throughout construction, which is slated to be completed in fall 2018.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will serve its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes in a casual atmosphere. Opening later this year.
Our wish upon a star definitely came true on this Disney addition. Would you be interested in checking out Disneyland’s first brewery on your next trip to the Magic Kingdom?