The closures affect theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses, ESPN Wide World of Sports complex.
No decision has been made yet about Saturday operations.
CLOSURES, CANCELATIONS AND MORE
- All 4 Walt Disney World theme parks are closed through Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016.
- Disney Springs is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. Characters in Flight at Disney Springs is closed through Sunday, October 9, 2016.
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has been canceled through Friday, October 7, 2016. has been canceled through Friday, October 7, 2016. For re-booking, refunds and other options, please call (407) 939-7818 beginning at 9:00 AM Eastern Time on Monday, October 10, 2016. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground—including our Campsites and Cabins—is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. All performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ through that date have been canceled as well.
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort has been canceled through Friday evening, October 7, 2016.
- Select spa locations—including La Vida Health Club at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness—are closed through Saturday, October 8, 2016.
- Events scheduled through October 8, 2016 at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex—including the Disney Cross Country Classic 2016 and Baseball Canada National Team Fall Training sessions—have been canceled.
FOR CURRENT WALT DISNEY WORLD GUESTS
Guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel at the present time are advised to remain indoors through the duration of the storm. For more information—including important safety measures you can take—please speak with the nearest Cast Member.
- Most Disney Resort hotel restaurants will remain open. However, if you wish or need to cancel or modify a dining reservation affected by Hurricane Matthew, cancelation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests.
- In addition, Disney Resort hotel cancelation fees imposed by Disney will be waived for all Guests. For information on checking out early and/or receiving a reimbursement, please visit the Front Desk of your Disney Resort hotel and a Cast Member will assist you in processing a refund for unused nights of your stay, park tickets and dining entitlements.
- If flights home have been canceled, Guests who booked directly with the airline and the flights are being moved, we will assist in moving the Disney Resort stay (based on availability). For Guests who booked airline travel through Walt Disney Travel Company, we will assist with obtaining another flight (based on availability) and in moving the Disney Resort stay.
- If booked with Disney, we will waive fees to modify airline flight dates and package accommodations. For Guests who have booked a reservation on their own, we will connect them with their airline to assist with obtaining a waiver for their reservation so we can modify the land portion of their reservation.
- If Guests need to checkout early or move the dates of stay, they can go to the Disney Resort front desk where a Cast Member can assist in processing a refund for the unused nights, tickets and dining entitlements.
- Guests who have specific questions on Travelex® insurance coverage, can contact Travelex® at 888-246-4967.
- Best Friends Pet Care is closed through Friday, October 7, 2016. A crew will remain with the animals.
- If you have made FastPass+ selections that cannot be used due to the closure of our theme parks, you can modify your selections online or by using the My Disney Experience mobile app.
- PhotoPass Guest Support operations will be limited through Friday, October 7, 2016.
Since opening in 1971, the park has only been closed three times since, all in anticipation of hurricanes.
Disney World shuttered its gates on Sept. 15, 1999, for Hurricane Floyd; Sept. 4 and 5, 1999, for Hurricane Frances and Sept. 26, 2004, for Hurricane Jeanne. It was also evacuated in a brisk 30 minutes on 9/11, but the parks were not closed beforehand.
A spokeswoman for Walt Disney World said, “Based on the most recent forecasts for Hurricane Matthew, Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will all be closed today by 5 p.m., and will remain closed through Fri., Oct. 7.