This year’s Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will not take place at Walt Disney World.
Instead, the Magic Kingdom will host a new limited-capacity evening event dubbed Disney Very Merriest After Hours.
The event will take place on certain nights from November 8 through December 21 and will not be covered by normal park entry.
Guests must purchase special tickets to the four-hour celebrations, which include reduced waits at 20 chosen attractions, a lot of festive cheer, and a unique fireworks show called “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks.”
Disney’s Very Merriest After Hours tickets go on sale in August. Guests staying at certain Disney Resort hotels will be able to book earlier.
According to Disney Parks, here’s what more to anticipate at Disney World this Christmas season.
- Main Street USA will be all decked out for the holidays.
- On most nights, Cinderella Castle will be lit up with a mix of festive projections and Beacons of Magic lighting celebrating Disney World’s 50th anniversary.
- The EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays will return Nov. 26 through Dec. 30.
Guests will be able to try seasonal treats from across the globe at Holiday Kitchens around World Showcase.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The Hollywood Tower will be transformed into the Hollywood Holiday Tower with festive projections inspired by “Frozen,” “Toy Story,” “Mickey’s Christmas Carol” and the Muppets.
- Santa Claus will come to town in a motorcade down Hollywood Boulevard.
Minnie Mouse and friends including Santa Goofy will host holiday meals at Hollywood & Vine in seasonal attire.
- “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” will feature a special finale.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- A special holiday edition of Tree of Awakenings will take place most nights.
- A flotilla of Disney characters will float down Discovery River to seasonal tunes.
- The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll returns with new additions celebrating Disney World’s 50th anniversary, the “World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
- Guest will experience a “snowfall” in Town Center.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will be transformed into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar with a seasonal menu.
- There will be special holiday dishes and merchandise available across the entire resort.
In addition, Very Merrytime Cruises will be returning to the Disney Cruise Line fleet in November and December.
TalkDisney.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.