Hold on to your mouse ears.
Spotify and Halfords teamed up to uncover the best Disney sing-along songs, and the results just might surprise you. The next time you are heading out for a socially-distanced road trip, explore these karaoke-worthy jams.
Research showed that songs from Disney movies were extremely popular for car playlists, perfectly ticking the box of being family-friendly, great for singing along to and nicely nostalgic for both adult and younger fans. Disney’s top 10 car songs are a mixture of tunes from Disney Classic movies and more recent releases. How Far I’ll Go from Moana hit the top spot, and with it’s rousing chorus and topical theme, it’s no surprise it’s so popular for road trips. Meanwhile cheerful tunes Hakuna Matata from The Lion King and Under The Sea from The Little Mermaid made up the rest of the top 3. As Moana, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid each feature twice in the top 10, we can safely say these are the most popular soundtracks for road trips.
Halfords and Spotify’s top 10 Disney songs list is as follows:
- “How Far I’ll Go” sung by Auli’i Cravalho—Moana
- “Hakuna Matata” sung by Nathan Lane—The Lion King
- “Under The Sea” sung by Samuel E. Wright—The Little Mermaid
- “You’re Welcome” sung by Dwayne Johnson—Moana
- “Part of Your World” sung by Jodi Benson—The Little Mermaid
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” sung by Jason Weaver—The Lion King
- “I’ll Make a Man Out of You” sung by Donny Osmond—Mulan
- “When Will My Life Begin?” sung by Mandy Moore—Tangled
- “Let It Go” sung by Idina Menzel—Frozen
- “Go The Distance” by Roger Bart— HerculesAnyone else shocked that our leading lady from Aredelle didn’t even crack the top five? Well, regardless of the most popular song, we can all agree that this list is certainly a solid mix from the best Disney movies of all time.
You can listen to the full Spotify playlist here.