Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is slated to open in spring 2022 at Walt Disney World Resort, and its first ad debuted today, giving us a taste of what this first-of-its-kind vacation experience will be like. Check it out!
After you’ve seen it a few times, here are a few amusing moments that jumped out to me:
- We already know that our trip will begin at Walt Disney World’s Galactic Starcruiser Terminal, where we will board a launch pod and go into space. In this new video, we see via a viewport as the pod enters hyperspace, followed by the unexpected arrival of the Halcyon starcruiser, our home base for this thrilling two-night journey in a galaxy far, far away.
- The dining experience, as we heard last week from Disney Imagineers, will undoubtedly be a highlight of a stay on board the starcruiser. And you never know who you could run into while drinking a drink.
- The Resistance is constantly seeking for new members, as seen in the commercial, but will we choose to join them?
- As our hero’s family rushes into the scene, you get a short glance out into space over his shoulder, followed by a quick look inside the cabin. The sleeping berths we can see are comparable to a similar bunk inside the Millennium Falcon’s main hold, aren’t they? And those robes the family is sporting are surely some excellent robes — they look like Jedi ready for battle!
- When the camera pulls back, we see out the window of the cabin and into space, where TIE fighters dart in and fire blaster bolts at the starcruiser. The Imagineers informed us that as part of our stay aboard the ship, we would be educated in bridge operations and that the ship’s laser guns could come in helpful at some time…
That’s a lot to take in, in under 30 seconds! If you want to learn more, go to www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com, which was updated this morning with tons of new information. While you’re there, sign up to get updates when new information becomes available. In the video below, you can also see The Disney Blog’s previously discussed interview with Imagineers regarding Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.
And, as usual, stay tuned to TalkDisney as we continue to cover all things Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser in the run-up to its spring 2022 launch!
Sid Philips is a father of two and a loving husband. He currently resides in Pennsylvania and has been a fan of Disney since his parents took him there in 1980! Sid has visited multiple Disney parks around the world and loves each one!
TalkDisney.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.