It was revealed earlier this year that Disney’s Magical Express would cease operations by 2021. It was also reported that Mears Transportation Group, the region’s leading provider of passenger transportation services, will offer transportation services between the airport and local theme parks beginning in January 2022.
What is Mears Connect?
A trusted transportation service connecting Orlando International Airport (MCO) to many Orlando resorts and serving as Orlando’s Premier Airport, Hotel & Resort Shuttle Service.
According to the company’s press release, Mears Connect will provide tourists with fast and easy transportation in high occupancy vehicles, reducing traffic and environmental consequences. Scheduled transportation, luggage handling, easy airport terminal staging, and return rides from resorts to the airport are all available to guests. Mears Connect is marketed as the “same dependable, safe service customers have been utilizing for decades to Disney area hotels.” The service will begin on January 1, 2022.”
Customers can select between regular and premium service. Guests may expect the following with each service:
- quick access to Mears Connect once you land at the airport
- an arrival souvenir
- limited wait time to board
- limited stops to your resort
- entertainment for your travel party while you ride
- clean, sanitized vehicles
- spacious, comfortable seating
- professional, friendly drivers
Pricing may vary based on the date and hotel, but the introductory pricing (available for a limited time according to Mears) for the regular service is $16 for adults and $13.50 for children for a one-way journey or $32 for adults and $27 for children for round trips.
Standard service is a shared transportation service that will make a limited number of stops and get passengers on their way to their resorts within 20 minutes of checking in at the Mears Connect reception area.
This fee includes any tolls or other fees.
Premium service is an immediate service with little to no wait time.
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort & Gran Destino Tower
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (Listed as Fort Wilderness Lodge on the site)
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
ELIGIBLE ON-SITE THIRD PARTY HOTELS
- Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando
- JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
- B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando
- Shades of Green
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve (Listed as “the Reserve”)
ELIGIBLE OFF-SITE HOTELS
- Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
- Orlando Marriott World Center
Mears Connect prices, FAQs, and other information may be found here, as well as bookings.
Sid Philips is a father of two and a loving husband. He currently resides in Pennsylvania and has been a fan of Disney since his parents took him there in 1980! Sid has visited multiple Disney parks around the world and loves each one!
TalkDisney.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.